Step One: Download and Activate the Taboola WordPress Plugin
- Log into the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Navigate to the “Plugins” section using the left-hand menu.
- Click “Add New” and search for Taboola.
- Once found, click “Install Now” and select “Activate Plugin” from the download page.
- When the page refreshes, a new Taboola icon should appear in the left-hand menu. Click there.
Step Two: Upload IDs for Your Below-Article Modules
- Locate the Publisher ID and Mode (or Widget ID) provided in your original email from Taboola Support and enter those details into the Taboola-Wordpress settings panel.
- Check the boxes of the below-article widgets you would like to have on your site
- Click “Apply Changes.” Reload your site and the widget should now be live!
Step Three (Optional): Upload IDs for Your Right-Rail or Header Modules
- Click on "Appearance" in the left-hand menu and select "Widgets."
- Drag the Taboola Widget and place it into the area on the page where you would like it to render.
- Enter the “Widget ID” provided in your email from Taboola and click “Save.” The widget should now be live!
Step Four: Update Your Ads.txt File to Authorize Taboola
In order to declare Taboola as an authorized seller of your inventory, please visit the “Ads.txt Records” tab on Taboola Backstage and copy all the presented records to the ads.txt file on your root domain. If you have more than one site, you will find ads.txt records for each of your sites.
If you have any trouble implementing your widgets, please reach out to your Taboola point of contact, who will be able to provide the required assistance.