Taboola’s Audience Exchange infrastructure helps publishers manage and optimize the flow of traffic across their network of sister and partner sites.
Using the Taboola Backstage dashboard, audience development teams can upload feeds of content, set flight dates, click caps, targeting, and then let Taboola's predictive engine take over, optimizing content recommendations to most efficiently fulfill your audience exchange goals.
In addition to facilitating cross-network traffic management, publishers use Audience Exchange to better deliver on third-party partnerships, wherein a certain number of clicks have been committed.
Launching Your Own Audience Exchange
The first step is to identify where on your site Taboola should recommend Audience Exchange content. This can include existing placements or slots, or additional placements that you’d like to add.
Once you’ve decided where you’d like these campaigns to run, provide that information to your Taboola Account Manager and they will set up for you the desired configuration as well as a new exchange account in Backstage.
Uploading Campaigns to Your Exchange Dashboard
After an exchange has launched, publishers can manually upload and manage campaigns using Taboola Backstage. To upload a new content campaign, follow these steps:
- Log into Backstage
- Click on “Exchange Management” in the left-hand menu (under “Traffic Exchange”)
- Click “+ New Campaign” button
- Enter necessary campaign info such as Exchange ID, Campaign Name (for reporting purposes), and Tracking Code (for Google Analytics users)
- Schedule when and for how long your campaign will run
- Select which sites, sections, and/or placements your campaign will be displayed on
- Define daily, monthly, or total campaign click caps
- Click “Continue”
- Add content items to your campaign by pasting in URLs and RSS Feeds
- Click “finish”
From the main view of the “Exchange Management” dashboard, you can then activate new campaigns by pressing the play/pause button.